Photo Credit: www.streetpeeked.com | www.frillyskirts.net
Our soy candles are only made with the best quality ingredients, which is why we choose to use Eco-Soya Products. They are carefully hand poured in our home and made with love in Brisbane, Australia.
We want you to enjoy every moment of your soy candle experience to guarantee that you receive a full fragranced and long-lasting soy candle. We recommend you follow these guidelines to allow this, as well as some necessary steps to ensure your safety:
1. When burning your candle for the very first time, allow the wax to melt right to the edge of the jar. This will give you maximum fragrance and an even burn. If you do not allow the wax to pool on the first burn you may get wax remaining along the sides of your jar and this will cause tunneling. Tunneling will shorten the life of your candle.
2. Do not blow your candle out. This will cause the wick to smoke. Your candle can be extinguished by putting the lid over your jar for a second or two. If your candle didn't have a lid, we recommend you use a candle snuffer.
3. Always trim your wick to 3mm before lighting again. You can either use nail clippers or just snap off the excess burnt wood with your fingers. If you don't do this, it will cause soot the collect on the inside of the jar. If this happens, snuff your candle, wait for it to cool, wipe off the carbon marks with a clean damp cloth and re-light your candle.
4. We don't recommend that you burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. After 4 hours, the wick will need retrimming as the flame will become too large, causing the candle to burn through the wax a lot quicker.
5. Keep your candles out of reach with children and family pets around.
6. Never leave your candles in a hot environment like a car. Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as it will turn a nasty yellow colour. It will not affect the candle in any way, it just loses it's creamy white colour.
7. Never leave candles unattended while burning.
DID YOU KNOW that our candle labels are oil and dirt resistent, splash proof, tear proof, UV resistant and weather proof? This means more uses for your gorgeous jars once you have finished burning your candle! Just soak in hot soapy water and it will scrub up beautifully! You can use our empty jars as a vase, make-up brush holder or multi-purpose storage container. Get creative...up cycle your jar and share with us on social media.